Iris _

Pixsys Forum

everybody's effort for the same goal

TCT101-4ABC-T questions

Peter

TCT101-4ABC-T questions

Post by Peter »

Hello.

First let me preface my questions with the fact that I am an IT person and not an electrical engineer, so forgive me if I do not provide clear information.

The setup we have is:

a) Encoder - it should be measuring in mm. Sending the pulses to the counter in b)

b) TCT101-4ABC-T set as a counter (with settings: P18 (InC1: 50); P25 (CoM1: time); P26 odU1: 0.1; set1=10) (not 100% sure about the settings at this moment)

c) Wago PLC - this is receiveing signals from the Counter relay output into a DI module on the PLC. From there the data are communicated to a webserver.

I have of course checked the manual but it is too unforgiving to non field people so I have to ask instead.

What I would like to know:

1) Is it possible to count also the output signals on the counter while it also serves the below mentioned use case? I have seen in the manual that it has the possibility of 2 counters (the second is disabled by default). (we also do have spare counters I think)

2) Are the settings correct or is there a better way to set this use case up?

The reason why I want to know is that there is a discrepancy between the electronic data (encoder -> counter -> Wago PLC -> webserver) and a mechanical counter I have had attached so that it directly rolled off the wheel of the encoder.

The encoder measures material consumption of an aluminum foil. The discrepancy is around 5% - 6%. (if mechanical counter = 100%, then encoder = 94-95%)
We are basically getting a signal for each 0.5 meter of consumed material and I would like to compare the amount of signals per hour on the counter with the logs on the webserver.

This was not set by me, it was done by the maintenance team in the factory but they got the setup from another part of the corporation in another country.
I just basically want to double-check or understand why this discrepancy is happening. I understand that it may be because the mechanical counter is just not that precise but I have my doubts.

So I want to rule out other possibilities one after another before I just accept that conclusion.

Also the foil is not supplied with a known distance measurement. It is supplied in weight. And it would be very difficult to do tests outside of the machine as the material is difficult to handle.

Thank you.
Pixsys tecnico 6
Moderatore

Re: TCT101-4ABC-T questions

Post by Pixsys tecnico 6 »

Good morning,
The counter mode has only counter 1 active by default where it reads the pulses only in "I1" (PIN 12). From Par.15 [CL.C.1] it is possible to change the counter mode 1.
Counter 2 if enabled, has the same functions as counter 1, but the counter 2 pulses are read in "I2" (PIN 11).
In par.18 [in.C.1] you have to enter the pulses corresponding to 0.5m of material. For example, entering 2000 pulses, in the TCT101 you will see "1" displayed.

1) Is it possible to count also the output signals on the counter while it also serves the below mentioned use case? I have seen in the manual that it has the possibility of 2 counters (the second is disabled by default). (we also do have spare counters I think)
I did not understand the question, What you want to read are the pieces? in the PLC via Modbus?

2) Are the settings correct or is there a better way to set this use case up?
With the parameters you set the TCT101 will count "1" piece every 50 pulses, when it reaches the threshold of 10 pieces the output Q1 will be activated for 0.1 sec and then reset and start again from "0".
Peter

Post by Peter »

Pixsys tecnico 6 wrote:Good morning,
The counter mode has only counter 1 active by default where it reads the pulses only in "I1" (PIN 12). From Par.15 [CL.C.1] it is possible to change the counter mode 1.
Counter 2 if enabled, has the same functions as counter 1, but the counter 2 pulses are read in "I2" (PIN 11).
In par.18 [in.C.1] you have to enter the pulses corresponding to 0.5m of material. For example, entering 2000 pulses, in the TCT101 you will see "1" displayed.
Ah I see, thank you for the confirmation.

Pixsys tecnico 6 wrote:1) Is it possible to count also the output signals on the counter while it also serves the below mentioned use case? I have seen in the manual that it has the possibility of 2 counters (the second is disabled by default). (we also do have spare counters I think)
I did not understand the question, What you want to read are the pieces? in the PLC via Modbus?
Sorry for the confusion. What I would want to do is to also count the Q1 output too. Basically I want see the number of times the Q1 was activated.
You may wonder why I would want that if the Q1 is sending the signals to the PLC already. I want to do a comparison of the Q1 activations with the data I see on the webserver.
Because the communication goes between the PLC and the server over VPN I want to be 100% sure that were are not losing communication there.

Based on the information you have provided on the beginning I will maybe ask a foolish question. But would it be possible to also lead a connection from the Q1 terminal back to Counter 2 "I2" (PIN 11)?

Would I be then able to get the number of Q1 activations this way with correct settings for the Counter 2? I do not need an infinite amount, just want to do observations for a few hours which means the 4-digits are enough for that.
Pixsys tecnico 6 wrote:2) Are the settings correct or is there a better way to set this use case up?
With the parameters you set the TCT101 will count "1" piece every 50 pulses, when it reaches the threshold of 10 pieces the output Q1 will be activated for 0.1 sec and then reset and start again from "0".
Sorry for maybe again asking a naive question but how does the sequence work in this case? I can see the manual but do not know how to read the Enc Counter clock configuration (P-15).

Is the counter 1 immediately reset back to 0 after reaching the threshold? Or is it reset to 0 only after the 0.1 s when the Q1 is deactivated again? This second case would introduce a delay into the counting.

Thank you very much for taking time to respond to my questions. Have a nice day.
Pixsys tecnico 6
Moderatore

Post by Pixsys tecnico 6 »

Good morning,
Based on the information you have provided on the beginning I will maybe ask a foolish question. But would it be possible to also lead a connection from the Q1 terminal back to Counter 2 "I2" (PIN 11)?
Yes, it's possible.

Is the counter 1 immediately reset back to 0 after reaching the threshold? Or is it reset to 0 only after the 0.1 s when the Q1 is deactivated again? This second case would introduce a delay into the counting.
The count arrived at threshold is reset and simultaneously activated the output Q1 for 0.1s and reset.

Below are the parameters to set for your application:
- Par.01 [Func.]>"doub" double counter
- Par.02 [P.o.M.E]>"ALL" Power-off Memory
- Par.07 [FiL.2]>"Filter Delay Input 2" To set only in case the counter 2 counts more than one pulse (I2, PIN11).
- Par.12 [F.in.3]>"ld.1"(reset counter1) "ld.2"(reset counter2) "ld.1.2"(reset all counter) Pin 10 (I3)
- Par.13 [F.t.Up]>"ld.1"(reset counter1) "ld.2"(reset counter2) "ld.1.2"(reset all counter) (Key UP)
- Par.18 [in.C.1]>"Counter 1 inputs counts"
- Par.26 [o.dU.1]>"0.1"
- Par.33 [CL.C.2]>"--.uP"
- Par.34 [diC.2]>"ViSu"
After setting the parameters you will have to exit and set the SET.1="1", so when "I1" (PIN12) will count a piece, will arrive at the threshold and will activate the output Q1 for 0.1s closing in turn I2 (PIN11) and counting +1 in the counter 2.

Best Regards