Iris _

Pixsys Forum

everybody's effort for the same goal

Data Logger for temperatures and storage of records in SD

JeffSayto1234

Data Logger for temperatures and storage of records in SD

Post by JeffSayto1234 »

Hello with everything I have seen a tutorial that is here in this forum of a data logger, but I see that they use a program called Page Lab which apparently is not in the cloud.
My question is, is it possible to make a data logger with the same Logic lab that we use now? :shock:
I appreciate the attention of the technicians of this forum they are of great help 8-)
Pixsys tecnico 1
Moderatore

Re: Data Logger for temperatures and storage of records in S

Post by Pixsys tecnico 1 »

Hi,
if you want to make a simple CSV datalogger, you can use one of the FunctionBlock in the "Pixsys\Dataloggers" library.
If you have more than one process to record, I suggest you to use the "Datalogger_DINT_Table" FunctionBlock.
Using the right input variables, you are able to choose:
- sampling time
- nome of the file
- destination of the file (internal NandFlash memory or inserted SD card)
- name of each column (process) recorded

Please read the FunctionBlock description to understand how to configure it.
JeffSayto1234

Post by JeffSayto1234 »

Pixsys tecnico 1 wrote:Hi,
if you want to make a simple CSV datalogger, you can use one of the FunctionBlock in the "Pixsys\Dataloggers" library.
If you have more than one process to record, I suggest you to use the "Datalogger_DINT_Table" FunctionBlock.
Using the right input variables, you are able to choose:
- sampling time
- nome of the file
- destination of the file (internal NandFlash memory or inserted SD card)
- name of each column (process) recorded

Please read the FunctionBlock description to understand how to configure it.
Hello Mr. Tecnico 1, I have made the data logger and it saves the records in the NandFlash folder, but I want you to copy this record to the USB but the result is unsuccessful.
My question is why the records are not saved to the USB, could it be that the USB must have the same name as the variable USBName?
Another question Mr. Tecnico 1, Was Page Lab previously used as the graphics program for the HMI?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pixsys tecnico 1
Moderatore

Hi,
I suggest you to store the datalogger in the internal memory "Nandflash" and the copy the file into the USB key.
To copy/delete file, please use the FunctionBlocks inside the "pixsys\file operations" library.

PageLab was the previous graphical environment used before Movicon. It is still inside the system for compatibility of older HMIs version.
I suggest you to use Movicon because is free also (the license is already inside the HMI) and it comes with more powerful functionalities and also is officially supported (PageLab is not in developing and it isn't upgraded since some years).
JeffSayto1234

Post by JeffSayto1234 »

Pixsys tecnico 1 wrote:Hi,
I suggest you to store the datalogger in the internal memory "Nandflash" and the copy the file into the USB key.
To copy/delete file, please use the FunctionBlocks inside the "pixsys\file operations" library.

PageLab was the previous graphical environment used before Movicon. It is still inside the system for compatibility of older HMIs version.
I suggest you to use Movicon because is free also (the license is already inside the HMI) and it comes with more powerful functionalities and also is officially supported (PageLab is not in developing and it isn't upgraded since some years).
Thank you very much Mr. Tecnico 1 for the suggestions, I can now copy and delete the records in their respective folders.
I have a question, can I see the records with CSV extension in MOVICON environment?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pixsys tecnico 1
Moderatore

Hi,
no it is not possible.
In Movicon it is possible to create .CSV and MySQLCompact (.SDF) dataloggers. It is also possible to create a datalogger and see values as graphic.
Please look at EXAMPLE NO. 3 and EXAMPLE NO. 8 from the programming examples pages:
https://forum.pixsys.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2231