Iris _

Pixsys Forum

everybody's effort for the same goal

[DRR245] How to configure PID regulation activation setpoint

user2618

[DRR245] How to configure PID regulation activation setpoint

Post by user2618 »

Hello!

I searched through the FAQ-area but found very little topics related to this specific controller.

I'm having problems configuring a DRR-245 controller. I'm using the controller with a NTC10k temp.sensor which is sensing a water pipeline, and sends a 0-10V signal to a motor valve. Wanted function principle is as follows:

-If water temperature raises above a specific limit, controller should start to regulate the motor valve, trying to keep a specific temperature. Also if PID-regulation is possible, this should be activated as well.

I've tried several configurations and all seems to work and adjust the motor valve according to for example proportional band. The problem i'm experiencing is that lets say my setpoint is 25c (i want the controller to activate motor valve at 25c), and proportional band is 2c. The result is that the 0-10V command for the motor valve is active from 24c to 26c, which is wrong for me. I want it to start at 25c and try to keep the water temperature at 25c. In addition to this, it should turn the regulation off at for example 23c.

Thanks for any help in advance! :)
Pixsys tecnico 1
Moderatore

Re: [DRR245] How to configure PID regulation activation setp

Post by Pixsys tecnico 1 »

Hi,
if the temperature goes above 25°C, the output voltage have to decrease or increase? Try to set P-11 [Actt] as "HooS" and look if it work better. With this parameters infact, you turn OFF the output over setpoint.
user2618

Post by user2618 »

Pixsys tecnico 1 wrote:Hi,
if the temperature goes above 25°C, the output voltage have to decrease or increase? Try to set P-11 [Actt] as "HooS" and look if it work better. With this parameters infact, you turn OFF the output over setpoint.
Hello!

I'm trying to use this controller for cooling purposes with a NC valve, which means that when the temperature rises over setpoint, it will give out voltage. Otherwise i want the valve to be closed = 0V. I'll test setting the Actt parameter to "HooS" tomorrow, but i don't think it will help at all. I now have it on Cooling mode, and that parameter at "Cool" if i remember correctly.
Pixsys tecnico 1
Moderatore

Post by Pixsys tecnico 1 »

Hi,
in PID mode, the controller modulates the output in a range between Set-point ±P.b. With the "HooS" setting, command output is disabled when reaching setpoint. If you want to work from 25°C with a P.b. of "2.0" in cooling mode, you have to use a set-point of 24°C.