Iris _

Pixsys Forum

everybody's effort for the same goal

Panel PC Datalogger

gothomas

Panel PC Datalogger

Post by gothomas »

Hi

I have set up a data logger that records the value of 10 different variables and save there values in a text file.

I would like to be able to view this text file in a data logger window on movicon runtime which I cant get to work.
Do you have a procedure for setting this up?

I would also like to be able to view this file when i log in with internet explorer from remote pc?
Pixsys tecnico 1
Moderatore

Re: Panel PC Datalogger

Post by Pixsys tecnico 1 »

Hi,
to view values form a datalogger, you can use the object "Datalogger Window" in the "toolbox/object" menu.
in the options you can select the datalogger you want to read and set filter etc:
Datalogger_window.JPG

I would also like to be able to view this file when i log in with internet explorer from remote pc:
this is a standard object of Movicon so you will see it normally using the webserver function.
PS: if you use Movicon 11.6 version, you can use now GoogleChrome or Firefox to see the Webserver (it supports HTLM5 now).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gothomas

Post by gothomas »

Hi,

I have setup the data logger as you have shown in your previous reply.
When the project is in run mode the data logger window does not display the values of the variables.

I checked the data logger folder within the project folder and the values are being recorded.

Do the variables have to be of a certain format?
Pixsys tecnico 1
Moderatore

Post by Pixsys tecnico 1 »

Hi, if the datalogger is created (and updated with new values every tot seconds) the recording is ok. Did you try to press the "update" button on the LogWindow?
LogWindow.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gothomas

Post by gothomas »

Thank you for your help with the Data logger issue.

I figured out the problem, it was the IP set-up.
Thanks.
gothomas

Post by gothomas »

Hi guys,

Question in relation to data logger configuration.

Is it possible to change the names on the column in the data logger when the project is up and running?

How would the data logger be configured to allow such modification?

Thank you in advance.
Pixsys tecnico 6
Moderatore

Post by Pixsys tecnico 6 »

Hi,
The name of the database columns can only be changed during the creation of the project and not during the execution of the application.

Best regards.
gothomas

Post by gothomas »

Thanks for your support.