Iris _

Pixsys Forum

everybody's effort for the same goal

How to override the controller?

user13128

How to override the controller?

Post by user13128 »

Hi, I have a ceramics kiln and an ATR620 controller. I wish to override the top temperature so I can fire manually because the kiln does not seem to be firing accurately at that temperature. I wish to fire to 1225c but it is not reaching that and yet turning itself off before. How can I re-satrt the kiln at top temp to override the controller and fire hotter?
Thanks.
Pixsys tecnico 1
Moderatore

Re: How to override the controller?

Post by Pixsys tecnico 1 »

Hi,
if the problem is the regulator read temperatures below the real ones, you can calibrate the reading using parameters P-26 and P-27:

use P-26 to add/subtract a value to the ambient temperature

use P-27 to add/subtract in percentage a value at the working temperature. Eg: if melting point of a ceramic cone is 900°C while the controller shows 1000°C, enter -10.0% on P-27 to get the correct value on display (so it will fire more to reach the new real temperature 1000°).

It you want to use the programmer as simple regulator, you can use "TERM" function:
Press START/STOP button, scroll all the cycles and after cy.15 you will find TERM. press OK button, choose setpoint using arrows and then press OK. ATR620 will start firing to the setpoint as quick as possible